Henry is small. Really small. At 12 months, Henry was 28.5" long, which was just over 18th percentile for his age. To be honest, I'm expecting that percentage to fall next week at his 15 month appointment. Henry hasn't really grown much.
Henry still wears all the same clothes, particularly pants, that he has worn for months. He is literally still wearing the pants he wore to his 6 month photo shoot in September. He has grown some -- those pants no longer need to be rolled up!
|Sitting on diaper box, his feet hang.|
Henry still wears all 6-9 month sized pants. For shirts, he wears 12 months, but they are all too long. With rompers and pjs, which I think tend to run smaller, Henry wears 18 months but they are all too long.
People are always surprised when they learn how old Henry is. Then when they learn his age, they say stuff like "oh, what a peanut" or "he's so tiny."
|Barely taller than the baby gate.|
But I've learned there are some serious advantages to having a smaller toddler!
- Clothes last forever. Henry hasn't outgrown clothes in ages. He outgrows seasons instead.
- Henry can't reach door knobs. So if I shut a door, it stays shut! I know that's kind of unusual for his age.
- Henry can't reach or see on a table top. So I still have a safe place to put stuff. And out of sight, out of mind!
- He's still easy to carry around. Henry was barely 20 lbs at his last appointment, so I can still carry him without killing my arms or back.
- Drawers are still safe - Hen can barely reach to even open them, let alone reach inside to play with the stuff. Same goes for the oven, fridge, and TV buttons.
- Henry is too short to get on the couch without pulling up or stepping up. So he is slow to get up! So I can still use the couch to keep stuff away from him if I need too.
- We have no problems extended rear-facing in his carseat - his legs are no where near the backseat. So, Henry can comfortably and safely stay rear-facing.
|Can barely see over the steering wheel!|
Anyone else have a tiny baby? Notice any advantages? What about big babies, what am I missing out on?
Can I get a click/vote for my tiny guy?