DIY Fabric Wipes Toy
Henry is obsessed with his diaper wipe container. Every time he gets his diaper change he bolts to the container. He opens and shuts it over and over. And loves it when I let him pull out a couple wipes.
So, when I saw this tutorial on Pinterest, I knew I had to give it a try with Hen. And I finally have! I started by buying a 1/4 yard of 5 different types of fabric. Then I cut it into roughly DVD case size pieces. Then, I folded them so they would come out one by one as Henry pulled them.
- Lay one flat, then another covering half of the first fabric square.
- Fold over the uncovered half of the first fabric square over the second fabric square.
- Lay another fabric square over the first fold.
- Fold the second fabric square over the third square.
- Repeat this process with all of your fabric.
It should be a neat stack when its all finished --
Then, just place the fabric in a wipes container and you're all set. I used a Huggies container because that's what the tutorial used, because they are pretty, and that is the kind Henry already know how to open and close.
I had it sitting out when Hen woke up from a nap, and he loved it! I might not fold the squares every time, but he sure did love pulling them out!
Post updated April 2015 -- This is as big of a hit with Nora as it was with Henry! Perfect toy for babies of all ages. And, wow, look how far we have come in our Montessori journey over the last 3 years!